1. Writing this post from Miami, my second home, while eating a Pastelillo de Guayaba that our friends bought for Calvin and I. These are delicious.
2. Celebrated my sisters birthday on Friday at Azteca Mexican Restaurant. We had a really good time. Exactly to this date last year we were celebrating my sisters birthday in Puerto Rico. We stayed at a beautiful hotel, El Conquistador Resort. We had an amazing time there.
3. As I mentioned on a previous blog, I collect cooking books and
cooking magazines. Pretty much anything that has recipes, I will buy. I
was looking through some of my cooking books and I decided to select a
cooking book every week and cook at least a couple of recipes from it.
4. I just bought two cooking books, Cook's Illustrated Baking book and The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook.
Cook's Illustrated Baking book is all about baking breads, cookies,
pies, cakes, the list goes on and on. Can't wait to cook from it. The
Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook, is based on a television show
that I usually watch on PBS.
This book has over 250 recipes that include all kinds of dishes you can
make with chicken, beef, pork, it also has a bunch of desserts.
Another excellent book.
5. I love this time of
year and I have decorated my house with Autumn colors. Have you
decorated your house yet? if not, what are you waiting for?
Have you noticed my new logo? I decided to go with a garlic. Garlic
to me, represents cooking, flavorful dishes, perfect representation of
7. I'm extremely happy to announce that I
have over 600 followers and over 26,000 thousand people have already
visited my blog from all over the world. Thank you, Thank you, Thank
you!!! I hope to continue cooking and posting for years to come. I
really do enjoy being in the kitchen cooking and baking and sharing all
of it with you. I hope you are trying out these recipes and sharing them
with your family and friends.
8. What kind of dishes would you like to see on my blog? Is there a particular dish you would like me to cook and post?
9. Had a couple of requests on the gadget I used to make my Beef Empanadas. You can find the Beef Empanada maker on Amazon.
10. Out of everything I cooked this week, I really enjoyed the Slow Roasted Brisket. This dish was phenomenal.
Check me out this upcoming week as I will be posting a few easy and yummy new recipes. Post your comments or questions here on my blog, and have yourself a fantastic weekend!!