1. Blog hit over 700 "Likes" thank you to all of my followers. I'm happy and hope that you are all in the kitchen cooking away.
2. This week all of the recipes were from my book selection, Big Book of Home Cooking. This book has really easy recipes that any home cook can put together. The first recipe was Buttermilk Biscuits. These biscuits were nice and crusty but soft inside. Perfect for the holidays, specially for Christmas morning breakfast.
The second recipe was Simple Scottish Shortbread. These cookies were delicious. I was really surprised as to how simple they were to make. My husband really enjoyed these. These will be my go to cookies when I'm craving something sweet. My third and favorite recipe of the week, Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes. These pancakes are to die for. I had a couple and I wanted more. The Apple Cider Syrup made the pancakes even better. Out of the three recipes, I highly recommend the pancakes. Get in your kitchen and make these, you won't be disappointed, I promise.
3. I had mentioned on one of my previous post that I love to collect cooking books, cooking magazines, and cake decorating books too. I've made a list of most of the books I have collected through the years. Check out the new tab I created for my books under "Book Collection".
4. I started decorating my house for Christmas. I decided to start early because I want to really enjoy the decorations and not wait till the last minute. Are you getting ready to decorate? or do you like to wait until after Thanksgiving?
5. I need to start my shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. On that day I start cooking at 6 in the morning, and by 3 o'clock everything is ready. I usually cook about 12 dishes, including turkey, ham and pork roast.
6. Do you make your holidays desserts from scratch, if so what are you making this year? I usually make about 4 different cookies, pumpkin pie, cheesecake and something new. I need to start going through my books and figure out what that new dessert is going to be.
7. My husband will be adding some new bottles to his bar. He usually does inventory to see what he needs. I like drinking eggnog, so I will be making that.
8. Have you started your Christmas list? Are you adding or deleting some people this year? My list is pretty much the same.
9. Enjoy your weekend. Take time for yourself, and take care of yourself, because if you don't, who will.
10. Take care, and don't forget to forward my blog to your friends and family!!!!!!!