1. Had a great Thanksgiving. My friends and my mother-in-law came to visit us. We cooked and ate so much food. The Roasted Turkey, the ham and pork roast came out delicious. I also made a few desserts. The Guava Cheesecake and the Pineapple, Coconut Carrot Cake were a hit!
2. We did a little shopping nothing much. But, now I really need to start buying Christmas gifts. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
3. One of the stores where I love to shop is World Market. This place has all kinds of things from all over the world, furniture, rugs, all kinds of home decorations, food and drinks too. Another favorite of mine is Z Gallerie, this place is all about decorating your home. They have beautiful vases and candles. They also carry furniture. Great place to shop.
4. Have you decided on your Christmas menu? I'm debating on what I should cook. I'm thinking of a stuffed pork loin, perhaps another turkey. We love turkey around my house, and we usually have it for Thanksgiving and Christmas or New Years. We are not sure on who is coming over, so that's why I have not decided on the full menu yet. Do you know what you are cooking?
5. We have decided that this year we are staying home for Christmas. Last year we spent Christmas and New Years with our family in Florida. This year I am not in the mood for traveling, so we are staying put. Enjoying our home and our decorations that took days to put up.
6. If you are planning to cook and have family over make sure to plan everything. Figure out what your menu is going to be. Do your shopping early. Have games and fun things for the kids and the adults to do. We like playing board games while drinking some Coquito (egg nog) and eating some home baked cookies like Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, Oatmeal Craisin Cookies with Chocolate and Coconut, and my favorite this year Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans.
7. Have fun during the holidays, do not get overwhelmed. It's all about spending time with family and friends.
8. Have a fantastic weekend, and stay safe!!