1. It was a crazy week. We had about 2 inches of ice and then about 3 inches of snow. We never really get snow here in Marietta, GA, and if we do is never much. This time everything was covered, it was crazy. But since we didn't really have to go anywhere, I really didn't mind.
2. On Valentine's Day I received some beautiful flowers and cards from my hubby and two boys, Cayman and Caico. The flowers are beautiful. We went out to dinner to one of our favorite places, Cabernet Steakhouse. I had a full meal that included lobster and crab cakes for appetizer and Steak and potatoes for dinner. For dessert I had chocolate cake and bread pudding (small servings), both desserts were delicious. Had a fantastic time with my husband.
3. I had another full week of cooking. I started the week with a Blueberry "n" Cheese Coffee Cake. This cake was really good, the blueberries were sweet and the cake was super moist. It's a perfect breakfast treat.
My husband had asked me to make some Rellenos de Papa (Stuffed Potato Balls), so I got right to it. They turned out delicious. I couldn't help but eat three. They were worth every calorie and carb.
I decided to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries for Valentine's Day. They are perfect for any special occasion, specially Valentine's Day. Easy to make and so delicious. I made these for my husband and I, they were really good.
Fried Pork Chunks (Masitas de Cerdo Frita) with Tostones was so good. I love pork fried, grilled, roasted, it doesn't matter. Is not something I cook often but I do enjoy eating it. These pork chunks were fried until crispy and with a side of tostones, perfect!
I finished the week with an amazing drink, Raspberry, Coconut Damn!! The name says it all...Damn!! this is good. The raspberries and coconut together was great. I was surprised when my husband said it was really good. I gave it a try and I loved it!
4. My food blog will be going through some changes. Can't wait for you guys to see the new layout, so stay tuned to that.
5. Working on some new recipes for the week, stay tuned to that too. Let me know if there is a particular dish or dessert you want me to make and post. I'm always looking for new ideas.
6. Well, I hope you guys have a great weekend. Stay safe.