1. In case you have not heard, there is a Super Bowl game going on this weekend. Super Bowl XLVIII kicks off this Sunday. The Denver Broncos take on Seattle Seahawks, this should be a great game. Who are you cheering for? Since our team the NY Giants, did not make it to the Super Bowl, I guess I'm gonna have to cheer for the Denver Broncos. It should be an exciting game.
2. If you are having a little get together, what are you serving your guests? I made a list of some great appetizers and desserts that can be made ahead of time.
Here is a list of 10 Super Bowl Appetizers and Desserts Recipes, you can make for game time.
2. Chunky Salsa
4. Crispy Chicken Wings
5. Lime Fried Chicken Wings
6. Chocolate Chip Cookies
7. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
8. Lemon Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
9. Pastelillos de Guayaba y Queso (Guava and Cheese Pastries)
10. Best Coffee Cake Ever
3. Along with some great appetizers and desserts you also have to have some great drinks. Here a list of 5 Great Super Bowl Drinks that I'm sure will satisfy and keep your guests pretty happy.
1. Frozen Pineapple Margarita
2. Pineapple Patron Cocktail
3. Sour Appletini
4. Coconut Margarita
5. Calvin's Tropical Delight
4. I had a busy week cooking and baking. I started my week with a Sinful Chocolate Layer Cake that was incredibly delicious. The cake was so big that I took some over to my neighbors house. I'm sure they enjoyed it too.
I wanted to have roasted chicken, but not just any roasted chicken. I made a Slow Roasted Herb Chicken. This chicken was slow roasted and seasoned with fresh rosemary and parsley. It turned out juicy and delicious. As a side I made some Mashed Potatoes that were out of this world. Great dinner.
Since cooking the chicken slow was such a big hit I decided to make Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs in the slow cooker. This is a great recipe, just add the meat and the ingredients, set it and come back 4 hours later. The result, super tender ribs that are falling off the bone with a BBQ sauce. Delicious!.
Since I promised to make some delicious desserts for Valentine's Day, I made Vanilla Cream Brulee. This was my first time making it and I was surprised as to how easy it was. This is a fancy dessert that is usually found in many fine dinning restaurants. Why pay such high prices for this dessert when you can just make it at home.
5. It was a crazy week here in Atlanta. We got about 3 inches of snow, and it quickly turned to ice. This cause the city to shot down for a couple of days. People were stuck on the highway coming from work, kids were not able to leave school, and even a woman gave birth to a baby on the side of the road.
This is the second time this happens here in the state of Georgia in the last three years. I think it's time for the state to invest in some new equipment. More bad weather is expected next week, I'm not looking forward to that.
The boys, Cayman and Caico had a lot of fun running around in the snow. Little Caico was covered in snow, and he didn't care. Cayman had seen snow before so he was quick to do his thing, run around with Caico for a few minutes and then inside he went. Here is a pictures of the boys playing in the snow.
They had a fantastic time even though it was freezing.
6. I took my little Caico to the vet to get some shots and he is 3.75 pounds. This little boy is growing so fast, three weeks ago he was 3 pounds. We had also noticed that Cayman was a little heavier than normal, come to find out he gained some weight too, right now he is 8 pounds. They are the best little boys, they are happy and full of joy.
7. After all this bad weather I was wondering when is the first day of Spring. The first day of spring is March 20th. I can't wait to see my tulips and daffodils growing all over my yard. After this crazy storm is great to know that sunshine and heat is only a couple of months away.
8. Valentine's Day is in a couple of weeks away. I will have some great recipes this week for that special day. Stay tuned. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to make and post on the blog, I will be more than happy.
9. Well, have a fantastic weekend. Enjoy the Super Bowl and your friends and family if you are having a get together. Stay safe and Happy Cooking!!!