1. How was your week? My week started great and ended not so good. Some personal stuff that I'm going through that I'm leaving in God's hands. He knows everything, and when you have faith and believe, things will turn out great. No doubt in my mind.
2. I usually plan ahead of time what I'm going to cook and post to the blog. Last weekend I decided to make Deep Dish Pizza. I made my own Pizza Dough and my delicious and easy to make Homemade Pizza Sauce. The best part about making everything is that you are able to control what you put into it. I find that most pizza places add too much salt. You can cut the dough in half and make 2-12 inch pizzas or you can make one pizza and 4 calzones with the other half.
Another great dessert I made this week, Beignets. Beignets are like doughnuts except they are square and have no holes. Once fried you sprinkle confectioners' sugar and eat them warm. They are delicious and worth making.
Another great recipe, Fudgy Chocolate Brownies. These brownies are nice and fudgy, perfect with a scoop of ice cream or a big cup of milk. These were a hit at my house.
3. The weather was great this week. I can see all of the bulbs popping up every where. Last year our landscaper planted 200 bulbs. A mix of Daffodils and Tulips. I can't wait to see then bloom this spring. We've had a crazy cold and snowy winter, I'm ready for Spring. The first day of Spring is March 20th.
4. I took my little Caico to the vet on Friday and he now weighs 4 1/2 pounds. I think that this boy is going to be bigger than Cayman. I was taking him a bath on Wednesday and noticed his big paws, at his age of 5 months his paws are bigger than Cayman's. He is getting bigger, and still eating like a horse.
Caico has been a great addition to our family. He is so adorable and Cayman is showing him love. I love watching them play around like brothers.
5. I need to start Spring cleaning my closets. Getting ride of things I no longer use. In a couple of weeks my dark color curtains come down and my dark color bedspreads come off. I like to start early, by the time summer hits, my house is already summer proof.
6. I'm ready for a vacation, Florida is calling. I lived between South Florida and GA for 10 years. But lately we have not been there and we miss it. Time to go back and go to the beach, hit the great restaurants and see my lovely family.
7. As I mentioned on my last "The Week in Review", I will be moving my food blog to a new, more beautiful home that you guys will enjoy. I can't wait for the launching. Super excited!!!
8. I finally purchased a new lens for my Canon camera. I can't wait to start taking pictures of food. These pictures are going to be amazing.
9. I have some great recipes for this week coming in. Let me know if there is anything you want me to cook and post.
10. Have a great weekend and a fantastic week (next week). Keep me in your prayers. Thank you for liking my blog, I love sharing my food with you!!