1. I hope everyone had a great week. I had a busy one, but I can't really complain.
2. I was busy this week cooking. I made some amazing things. On Sunday after church I made Giant Sunday Pancakes for my husband and I. Those pancakes were delicious. On Tuesday I posted the Pork Roast (Pernil). I cooked it on low for about 4 hours and it was falling off the bone. That is the secret to a tender and juicy pork roast.
Since Valentine's Day is next month I decided to make some Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This cupcakes were so good! I took some over to my neighbors house for Super Bowl Sunday and they were all gone before the game was even over.
Classic Potato Salad was another dish I made this week. The potatoes had a great texture and the dressing was really creamy. I finished the week with Tostones (Fried Plantains). Tostones are made with green plantains. They are tender inside and super crunchy on the outside.
3. Now lets talk about that horrible game on Sunday. It was so bad that by halftime everyone walked away from the television. We gathered at my neighbors house with some other friends and we ended up looking at jewelry and just talking. It was not a great game, there were many people disappointed.
4. I went to the Thrift Store this week looking for cooking books and I found 8 great books and only paid $9.30. I even found two old cooking books, one from 1935 and one from 1954. It was a great find for me, I was pretty happy.
5. Valentine's Day is just a few days away, My husband and I don't make a big deal about it, but we do cook at home and give each other cards. So what are your plans for that special day?
6. I hope you have a great weekend. Stay safe, and stay tuned to more great recipes this week.