1. It was a really cold week here in Georgia. Even my babies (dogs) didn't want to go outside. Big Brother Cayman went outside one day and ran back inside. Baby Caico didn't really care about it, he was running all over the place. Baby Caico gained 7 ounces in 2 weeks, he is exactly 3 pounds now. He is getting so big, too quick.
2. Last Saturday my husband and I put away all of the Christmas decorations. I love Christmas and decorating, but I hate to take decorations down. Have you taken down your decorations?
3. I decided to start spring cleaning a little earlier this year. I have to go through all of our Christmas decorations because we have about 15 buckets full of stuff. I also need to organize a couple of our closets, specially the linen closet and clean all of the blinds in our house. Cleaning the blinds is something I usually do every 4 months. It takes me a full day, since we have 3 floors to cover.
4. Valentines Day is next month. I can't wait to bake some amazing desserts. I will be making some chocolate desserts like Chocolate Lava Cake, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and perhaps a Chocolate Cake. I will also be making Red Velvet Cake and Cream Brulee. I can't wait, so stay tune to that. Let me know if there is anything you want me to prepare and share with you on the blog. I will be more than happy.
5. I cooked some amazing dishes this week. All of the dishes were delicious and healthy too. Monday's dish was Steak, Onions and Peppers Wrap. I used low carb wraps and low fat cheese and sour cream. Making little changes like that will eventually pay off. Tuesday's dish was the Pan Seared Tilapia with a side of Black and Cannellini Bean Salad. The fish comes out flaky and moist and is very light. Wednesday's dish was the Thai Pork Loin. The Thai marinade is really good and you can use it on steaks and chicken. Thursday's dish was the Chicken Pasta. For this dish I used a healthier carb pasta by Dreamfields and I made my own pasta sauce. This is great because I can control everything that goes into it.
I hope you get in the kitchen and make all or some of these healthy dishes. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.
6. Well, I hope you have a fantastic week. Get in the kitchen and try out some of my recipes. Please post comments, questions and always SHARE my recipes with your friends and family. Have a great weekend!!